Friday, April 15, 2005

Thumbs up for wireless broadband

I've come to the conclusion that Unwired internet is good:) I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it's brilliant. I wasn't too keen on the idea of wireless at first, but it's all I can get in my area. I've heard from friends about problems getting a decent signal, but it hasn't been a problem in my area, and it doesn't drop out either. People are saying it's not as secure as cable, which I can understand, but I am still looking into that issue. I've never seen the internet as a safe way to send confidential information unencrypted anyway. I'm not paid to promote Unwired in any way, I will promote companies here that do the right thing by me here, just as I will bag out the ones that don't. Their website is: http://www.unwired.com.au You will not hear me say anything favourable about banks here for example.
The bad thing is I am now unable to go back to a dialup connection. It feels wierd being able to do major tasks on the site from home without spending half a day downloading.

No comments: