Friday, April 22, 2005

It's a nice Saturday in Sydney

Well... it's a beautiful day here in Sydney today and I'm stuck in a shop:) but I have a day off tomorrow and am planning on enjoying it, although I do have a heap of jobs to do around the house. Working 6, sometimes 7 days a week I only get one day to do it all and it can get hectic.
My flatmate/housemate just got X-Box live and is pumping through my new broadband. It's quite impressive, you can play against people from all around the world, while communicating with them through the headset that comes when you sign up for X-Box live. Most people are American, as one would expect, and there are people ready and willing to help when you're a newbie. It doesn't seem to chew through as much bandwidth as I anticipated, after 4 hours solid we clocked up 20mb which is not too bad at all. Now I need a switch so we can both use the connection at the same time.
I had it made clear to me the other day, that it's time for a new car. I can't park it in the driveway or garage of my new house, as it leaks oil on the driveway. That's the final straw. It's a great car, (An 84 Subaru station wagon) it's never let me down, but it's slow, doesn't handle and has quite a few things that no longer work such as the windscreen demisters and central locking. The tappets also make a terrible noise. It also reminds me of the dickhead I brought it off, so I think it's time for it to go.

No comments: