Thursday, April 14, 2005

Parking council rangers

Just want to have a winge about parking rangers, particularly the ones here in West Ryde where I work. The council has just demolished the car park for a new building development. There are many businesses in the area, with lots of people parking up for a day at work. There are no trains or busses where I live, although even if there were trains where I live, trains in Sydney don't come on time if at all. So if one is to work in West Ryde, one must park their car somewhere.

As soon as the large car park was demolished, up went No Parking signs all over the place, and rangers come out in force and start booking people left right and centre. I normally park my car in a carpark down the road, although it has a 3 hour limit, it is ALWAYS less than a quarter full, and since it's a built up area with no parking elsewhere, it's the logical place to park. Much safer than on the side of the road.

Yesterday I see a council ranger booking the 5 cars that are parked in a 50+ space carpark. Now if these useless excuses for people are doing anything other than raising revenue for a greedy council at the expense of hard working people, I'd like to know what it is.

No comments: