Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Commodore Thermo Fan Fixed

I've successfully fixed the thermo fan on the Commodore. It was just a power feed from the ignition relay to the fan relay, which was not getting power. Always look out for dodgy connections on these cars, I've found that over 12 years, some of the connectors have lost their shine and have a bit more resistance than they are supposed to.
So it all works now, I've botched it up, and I'm going to put a new thermostat in it tonight and solder the connections up properly.
I've also acquired a laptop which will serve as an ALDL interface. It's a bit better than what I had in mind ( and more expensive) but it's good really because it will be useful for other things. Laptops always come in handy. I will post the results of the ALDL analysis and some data streams up here when I've got all that happening.

No comments: