Sunday, May 01, 2005

The old Subaru has finally died

I went to leave work today, fired up the trusty old Subaru GL station wagon, wacked it in first gear, gave it a bit of gas, let the clutch go and BANG! no more gear box, car does not go foreward any more (or backward for that matter). It still moves when in low range, but I don't trust it enough to drive it home. So it's still sitting there. I think it's time for a new car. There's a VP Commodore down the road from work for $750 that looks pretty good. I heard I can convert it to a manual transmission for $1000 and it needs rego. I think it might be a goer. I really don't want to have to borrow money for a car right now and I like big V6s. At least it will be a car I can keep and spend some money on to make nice. The Subaru was always a temporary solution after some low life junkie scum stole my RX-7. I'm not going to have another sports car to drive to work in every day, as nice cars seem to attract morons like cow dung attracts flies. Now I just have to work out how I'm getting to work tomorrow.

No comments: