Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Don't censor the internet

Just for the record, I just want to state where I stand on this topic. I believe that there should be no censorship of the net in any way, shape or form.
The internet is the only medium left not under the control of people with vested interests. If we allow it to be censored, we may as well just watch the evening news and accept it as truth.
To the religious fools that want to impose censorship on us: GO AWAY! Religion is used as a method of controlling the masses, basically thought control. I will decide my own religion as truth is revealed to me through the course of my life. Anyone attempting to deny me this experience has many issues that they should deal with within themselves before they have any right to scrutinise me.
Children need to be protected by their parents. It is the parent's duty to explain and protect their children from the dangers of the world. If they can't do this, they are not fit to be parents, and need not blame lack of internet filtering but their own lack of parenting skills, and should be worried about a lot more than their children finding a nasty site on the internet.
The other thing, if you don't like it, leave the site. Click the close button, open up a new browser window and go somewhere else. It's just like on TV, how you change the channel when a program comes on that you don't like. Quite simple really. That way, the people that do want to view that particular thing can still do so, and you don't have to. Everyone wins.
Don't censor the internet. Ban religion to make the world a more enlightened, loving, free and open minded place.

No comments: