Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Back to the topic this blog is supposed to be about - Web development

This is a blog about web development, not a blog about Holdens and HSVs, but the Ad thingys at the top of the page think otherwise.
To be honest, I don't have much to write about right now in the way of web devevelopment. Last week was lost getting the car ready, so I've hit the ground running this week trying to catch up on lost time. It's mainly a massive backlog of products to go on the retail site, and it's pretty tedious when there's a lot to type and a lot of items.
I am looking at animated GIF programs to get my banners more up to date, because everyone is using them and animation does attract attention when used correctly. I don't like the idea of Flash for simple on-page animations because it requires a browser plug-in. Flash does have many purposes beyond dispaying animations though. I am not very good with flash, so I will steer clear of it until I can learn it properly. I used to use Microsoft GIF Animator years ago, but I have to do some research and find out what the go is now, as I'm sure there's programs that can produce various transitions and other effects quite easilly these days. I will let you know what I end up using.

No comments: