Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Buy an E-Tag? - NEVER

These public private partnership fools are pumping the ads up trying to make us by E-Tags, so they can charge us automatically to drive on our roads. I will never get one of these things for two reasons.

1 - Privacy: I don't want a dispicable organisation such as the RTA knowing anything about my habits, where I go, or anything else. Who knows what they will do with that information. The same goes for the private consortiums who have their hands in our pockets.

2 - It's the thin end of the wedge. Once they get us used to paying to travel on some roads, they will gradually start making us pay for all roads. Once this E-Tag thing is universal, they will be able to put machines on every road to charge people for using them. They are already talking about doing this in the city.

NO THANKS. You can shove your E-Tag, E-Pass or what ever you want to call it. As far as I'm concerned, you may as well have a microchip implant under your skin. I will never use any roads I have to pay extra for, especially when they are poorly planned, full of traffic and don't offer value for money anyway. If they make it too hard for me to go into the city without paying tolls, fine. I simply will not go into the city to spend my money anymore.

No comments: