Tuesday, June 14, 2005

West Ryde Council rangers - Causing problems for the working community.

Parking is next to impossible in West Ryde. There used to be a multi-story carpark, which has been demolished. The council proceeded to put "no parking" signs all over the place, and send their "Rangers" in white utes to book people as they go about their working day. They are making an absolute fortune. There are two large (usually half empty) carparks near the train station. I saw a ranger the other day booking the three cars that are in the carpark for overstaying the 3 hour limit. The only place to park which is unrestricted is along the residential back streets. They are always lined with cars, to the point where two cars cannot pass. This is legal, but it is illegal to leave your car in the empty carpark.

I just got booked, because I was picking up some boxes from the back of our premisis. It is a no parking zone, but we have been told by one of these "Rangers" that it is okay to be there to load up. My boot was open, and the car wouldn't start, so I had to change a battery terminal, so the car was there for five minutes, and I was with it the whole time. I was this useless excuse for a human being (Council Ranger) drive passed. He didn't stop, or say anything to me. I figured that he would see that I had obviously broken down as the hood was up. The other day I get a $70 fine in the mail. This gutless tool didn't even stop, didn't leave a ticket on the windscreen, nothing. Because he knew he would be up for an argument.

Now, If I want any kind of come back, I have to go to court. Well, I will pay the fine. But every time I see that council "Ranger" I will be lodging a formal complaint to both the council and police about where he is parked, his behaviour, and just about everything I can find that he is doing inappropriately. I will be circulating his number plates, and issuing warnings to other business owners and workers in the West Ryde area to be sure to lodge a complaint about this guy.

People say "they are just doing their job". I say what job? What would be worse if this man was sacked tomorrow and not replaced (other than the cashflow of the council, of course.) Anyone who takes a job like this, which is nothing short of sanctioned, legalized theft, deserves any anger and abuse they get from the community, and probably more. Maybe if their lives are made difficult enough, the council will not be able to find people to rip off the public for them.

No comments: