Sunday, June 26, 2005

Replaced the o-rings on the injectors today

I put the injector seal kit in today, and ended up breaking one of the plastic covers on the end of the injector through dropping it trying to get the new seal on. It was pretty much impossible to get the rubber seal on over the plastic injector end-caps anyway. The injectors looked old and dirty, so I decided to remove all the plastic end caps as I will get a set of reco injectors next week anyway. The car seems to run fine, markedly smoother with no vacuum or fuel leaks anymore, although it is evident that the injectors need replacing, and the induction system needs to come off for cleaning. The check engine light came on and off when I was test-driving it today, It's not engine oil or transmission fluid, and it's not overheating at all, so I will have to look into the cause of that. Hopefully the manual I have has a list of reasons why the check engine light can come on. I might have a look on justcommodores.com first, I'm sure someone else has had the same hassle. The transmission did get pretty hot as I was driving pretty hard. The injectors seem to be working fine, but I'm sure they are still dirty. The car was not driven for two years before I brought it, and it wasn't exactly garaged or looked after so new injectors next week.

No comments: