Monday, January 17, 2005

It's been a while....

I haven't been here for a while, been flatout. The new year has really gone into overdrive straightaway.

It turn out our U.S. hosting company experienced total equipment failure due to lightning strikes and blackouts. When I heard this, I felt silly for getting so annoyed:) I know what it's like to be faced with a massive catastraphie and be working through the night to restore services. They had basic services running within a few hours, and everything else (sub domains, email, DNS admin etc.) was up and running the next working day. I went to being pissed off to being slightly impressed, and I guess their email was down aswell, because we didn't recieve the email until basic services were restored.

I woke up yesterday with a lump in my neck...(later found out to be a swollen gland) hate stuff like that.... it doen't happen too often so it scares the shit out of me when it does. It hadn't gone today, so I took the day off and went to the doctor. Got some antibiotics and hopefully all should be sweet. I'm on 1/2 as many cigarettes as normal, smoking just doesn't seem right when u got a lump in your neck:S The wierd thing it, it's only on one side, and I don't feel sick, don't have the flu, don't even have a sore throt. Normally when they swell up, it's both of them, and I've got a temperature, fever and everything. Hopefully it will be gone soon. It's more annoying than anything. I can't turn my head to look right when I'm driving without pain:(

No comments: