Friday, January 07, 2005

Damn hosting company

I woke up today to find that all of our US hosted sites are down. I don't know what the problem is, but all files were deleted from the FTP folders, and the permissions on the control panel don't let me do anything. I assume they are doing an update of some kind. It's bloody annoying, as they haven't said anything. All my domains were deleted, but they were recreated again over the last couple of hours. Hopefully they will bring it all back to normal again. I think we will be changing hosts if this happens again. It's incredibly frustrating to put work into a site, slowly growing traffic, and then it's down for some reason.

At least our main site is still up. Everyone take note: spread your sites around different hosts. That way, if one goes down, you can still eat.:)

No comments: