Saturday, January 01, 2005

Day 2 of the new year and things are looking good

I've just noticed the Google has done a Google-bar Pagerank update, and has given a couple of my sites a PR of 3, which is a great start. One of the sites had been on PR1 since it went up over 3 years ago, although I've only been on the job for two months. Another one that I started a couple of months ago also got the same rank, up from zero.
The secret is good content, that people want to read. Learn how the search engine works, so you know how to tell it that your specific type content is on your site (a complex art-form), and if everything is correct, it will send you your visitors. A search engine's survival depends on providing searchers with sites they are looking for, and there are plenty of sites, so learn how the engines pick them, and make yours pickable. Sounds easy. But by plenty of sites, I mean 10, 000, or more competing for the same keywords, depending on the sector you are in.

No comments: