Friday, September 23, 2005

Forgot to take my shoes to work yesterday!

I actually forgot to take my shoes to work with me yesterday. It's the first time I have done that, and it will be the last. I normally take my shoes with me and put them on just before I get out of the car. I prefer driving with bare feet. In fact, if I had my way, I would not wear shoes at all unless absolutely necessary.
On this particular day, I was late and still half-asleep (not uncommon) and I pulled up, reached to the back seat, only to realise that there were no shoes in the car. Fortunately it's not too much of a problem, as I spend most of my work day in a room by myself on the computer or packing orders. It was still embarrasing to tell my colleague, as it's something that "Only John would do", but it was all quite funny.
So I padded around in bare feet all day, which felt quite strange at work, although to be honest, if it were "professionally acceptable" I would do it more often, as I just find it comfortable. The way I see it, feet were designed to be used without shoes. Not a good idea for walking around town though.

No comments: