Friday, July 22, 2005

Commodore car clubs

I'm just looking at different car clubs and forums around Australia. Forums are a great way to share info and tips with like minded people who have come across the same hassles, no matter what kind of car you're into. I used to be heavily into rotaties, owning a series 2 RX-7 with a 13B, and I got a lots of help from the ozrotary forums, which don't appear to be around any more. I still have a passion for the rotary engine, although it's on hold for a year or so at the moment. I plan to get something with a 13B turbo in it.
But, since I'm looking got a decent Commodore club/forum, I'm going to post up all the ones I find here. The first one I came across was justcommodores, which is a good site with a well established forum and quite a few people who know what they are on about. They also have an online store from which you can order spares and various other bits and pieces. It seems to cover the whole country with users and events in all states, although I read somewhere that the club is based in SA, but I don't know how true it is. justcommodores.com.au was, by the way, my source of the ALDL schematics and all the info I needed to get the ALDL link up and happening. I am known as Jonno on Justcommodores if anyone wants to talk to me.

Another one I have just come across, the Commodore Club of NSW, seems like a friendly place, not much agro and immaturity, as much fun as it can be on car forums sometimes. Doesn't look like there is as much technical information across all models as there is on justcommodores.com.au, but then again, I'm not a member, so I'm not sure if that stuff is locked up until I join the forum.

That's about all I can find that's NSW based, there are a few that look like they have closed down. The majority are based in VIC and SA. SA seems to have a rich modified car culture, as does Melbourne, which I can vouch for having lived in Richmond for two years.

Here's some other clubs from around Australia:

Commodores-R-Us
Commodore Owners Car Club - South Australia
Commodore Car Club - New Zealand
Holden Commodore Club of SA
The Commodore Club of Tasmania
Commodore Crusie Club
Commodore Car Club of WA
Commodore Performance Club
Holden/HSV forum
General info - Holden Commodores
CJ's Holden Spares
Indonesian Holden Page
Lion's Pride Holden Car Club
Holden Enthusiast's Club of Otago, NZ

No comments: