Monday, February 27, 2006

Fred Nile Tries to Ban Smoking in Cars

Christian Democratic Party MLC Fred Nile has drafted a private member's Bill to legislate against drivers smoking whilst driving. Here is the story.

I would actually support a move to fine drivers who smoke while they have children in the back seat. But when I'm driving by myself? That is a disgrace. What is Australia coming to? It is also a disgrace that a man such as Fred Nile has so much sway over the government here in Australia.
How dare he suggest I'm not allowed to smoke as I'm driving to work by myself. Who does he think he is? What is a religious leader doing in parliament anyway? We have massive crime problems here in Sydney, with people getting bashed shot and stabbed on the streets every weekend, and this guy wants to ban smoking in cars.

This is the same guy that thinks he knows what you and I shouldn't read and see. He wants our internet filtered so we can't have access to things that he feels are inappropriate. To be honest, I don't have anything personally against the guy, he is entitled to his views, but when his twisted views are inflicted on my life, I get really angry.

Fred Nile can get stuffed. I'm going to continue to smoke in my car. It is because of people like Fred Nile and the way they attempt to turn Australia into some kind of religious state by infiltrating parliament that I have forever turned away from the church. Well there are a few other reasons too, but that's another post:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some time now, proposals were being made to impose ban on smoking in cars with kids. In the countries like the US and the UK where smoking is nothing less than epidemics, these proposals were taken and even bills were passed to the effect. Now, even in Australia where smoking is not that rampant, similar laws have been passed where one can’t drive and smoke with kids. The laws would come into effect from the 1st of September 2008. http://www.chantixhome.com