Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Carl Scully will not apologise for the Cross City Tunnel

The minister responsible for signing the rediculous contract to the Cross City Tunnel, which allows it's foreign operators to close Sydney roads to funnel traffic through this stupid road. Carl Scully should be remembered for selling out Sydney's motorists, and allowing us all to be conned.

I don't care how many roads they close, and I don't care how hard they try to make it for me. They will not rip me off this way. I will NEVER pay a cent to use any toll road in Sydney, and hopefully the company running the cross city "funnel" will eventually go bankrupt. In the words of the Cross City CEO, "People will say bugger it". No, I won't say "bugger it". I will not use your tunnel, no matter how difficult you make it for me to get around the city with your callous road closures.

Carl Scully should be forced to resign in shame, as the man responsible for Sydney's roads for the last few years, he should be utterly ashamed to the shambles he has presided over. It has just turned out that the Lane Cove tunnel is the same deal. Road closures if the consortium cannot make it pay.

What a mess.

No comments: