Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Perfect Cup of Tea

I'm just listening to an intesting interview on the radio with Stephen Twinings, who is the head of the Twinings tea company. I am quite a tea drinker myself, every afternoon when I get home from work I make a strong cup with some creatine in it (for my newly found bodybuilding hobby).
Getting to the point of this little post, I heard that tea actually takes 3 minutes to properly brew in the cup. Mr Twinings has said that pot tea can tend to be better because people generally let it sit for longer than when they put a teabag in a cup. This is because when you make tea in the cup, you can see the color change, and when it goes dark, you generally pull the tea bag out because it looks ready. Apparently, this is not long enough, and the tea still has some brewing to do after the water turns dark.
So, when I get home tonight, I will take the advice of Mr Twinings and leave the teabag in the cup for a couple of minutes longer.

1 comment:

BubbleCulture said...

Hi John!
Thanks for your Tea Making Tip!!
Any more to share??
Also please be careful when playing with cars.. they are rather big toys!
Have a great day!!
Allure~